© 2013 St. John’s Hall, Mortimer Common -
Hirer/Organisation: Person or Group who has applied to hire the Premises on the booking form (the Hirer)
Premises: Building of the Hall and all fixtures and fittings, its contents and the Contents of the regular users that may be stored there, its car park and all surrounding area of the site.
Excluded Area: The Children’s play surface to the West of the property behind the steel gate
Secure: Locking all external doors and windows
Clean & Tidy: Removing all rubbish litter and unwanted goods or materials brought on to the premises by the Hirer and leaving all floors and work surfaces clean.
In the event of any doubt of the meaning of the following, prior to signing the Booking Form, the Hirer should consult the Booking Secretary.
1. The Hirer or representative of any organisation must be 21 years of age or over.
2. The Hirer is responsible for The Premises safety and supervision, the actions of all persons on the Premises whatever their capacity with the Hirers consent. For security of the event to stop unauthorised persons from entering the Premises, the behaviour of all persons on the Premises including proper supervision of all areas and with particular regard to car parking arrangements so as to avoid obstruction of the highway and access to and from all Fire Exits.
3. The Hirer shall not sublet, or do anything which endangers the same or endangers any insurance policies in respect thereof.
4. The Hirer shall be responsible for obtaining any licences that may be needed, including those for the
consumption of intoxicating liquor. Similarly the Hirer shall be responsible for the observance of the same and of all other regulations appertaining to the Premises including any stipulation by the Fire Authority, the Local Authority, or otherwise.
5. (A Temporary Events Notice will be required for an event involving the sale or supply of alcohol and entertainment e.g. the performing or playing of music, plays, and dances.)
6. The Hirer shall indemnify the committee for the cost of repair of any damage done to any part the Premises including the surrounds thereof or the contents of the building, which may occur as a result of the hiring. Additionally in respect of damage to any neighbouring or surrounding property.
7. If the Hirer wishes to cancel the booking, it must be confirmed in writing at least three months before the date of the event otherwise all monies shall be forfeit
8. The Hirer shall be responsible for leaving the premises and surrounds in a Clean and Tidy condition, properly secure. Any contents temporarily removed from their usual positions, properly replaced. Failure to do so may cause the Committee to make an additional charge.
9. In the event of the Premises or any part thereof being rendered unfit for the use for which it has been hired the Committee shall not be liable to the Hirer for any resulting loss or damage whatsoever.
10. The maximum number of people the Premises can accommodate is 150 standing or 100 seated. Under no circumstances shall this be exceeded.
11. The internal noise level should not exceed 85 decibels at any time. We reserve the right to terminate the hire immediately if this is not adhered to.
12. The premises shall be vacated on time and in the event of an evening booking no later than 11 pm.
13. If there is an accident at the Premises, by law an accident form must be completed, as soon as possible after the accident. Forms can be found with the FIRST AID BOX in the kitchen. All forms, after completion, must be sent to the secretary by first class post.
14. If the Hirer intends to serve food or drinks to the public the Hirer is reminded of the Food Hygiene regulations which all persons handling food must be conversant with, and with which they must comply.
15. The Hirer shall note and abide by the risk assessments displayed by the main doors
16. For Ad Hoc and one off, single event hire, except under special dispensation by the hall committee, The Premises cannot be reserved more than nine months in advance.
17. The Committee shall have the right, at its absolute discretion, to retain the entire deposit fee against any failure by the hirer to abide by or fulfil these conditions.